Demyx awoke the next morning and stretched, momentarily forgetting the events of the night before, he realized he had fallen asleep fully dressed.
"Ugh... Stupid..."
Picking up the cigarette box on the bed next to him he wondered had anyone walked in while he was sleeping and possibly seen it, the only reason he had taken the cigarette was to get talking to Axel...
He didn't want to get the big be your own person and if that didn't work the CANCER lecture off his mother if he wasn't really smoking, so he concealed the box in his messenger bag, he'd keep it like a good luck charm of sorts...
To prove that it had happened and even if nothing else did, he gave it his best shot.
With this in mind he rolled over to look at the clock by his bed...
/6.02... Ugh, I won't be able to go back to sleep now... Fuck it I'll get up./
He randomly pottered around the house had a shower and pulled out some clothes from his closet.
/Haven't worn these in ages.../
He pulled out his red tartan pants.
/Man I used to love these things... Why'd I ever stop wearing em?/
Pulling out a few more random shirts he threw them out on his bed
.
/Hmmm... Sleeveless tight and black... Or something a little more 'school friendly'?/
He shook his head and pulled the tight black t shirt over his head.
/Screw school friendly I'll wear my zippy hoody over it./
After mohawking his hair extra carefully and giving it that 'organized chaos' look he felt he was ready to face the world...
And should Axel cross his path so much the better...
He left the house with a piece of toast in his mouth and his headphones in...
Demyx was feeling pretty damned good, he looked good and sure Roxas would probably tell the class of his 'gayness' but who cared?
His dress sense today was a lot more 'suggestive' than usual and maybe he wanted to play up to them just a tiny bit and show that he really didn't give a fuck.
(And even if he did, no one would need to know about it.)
On his walk to school he picked up a packet of cigarettes and threw them and the lighter he had taken from his into his bag.
/I'm not smoking... Really... I'm just social smoking... Yeah... It's not so bad.../
He almost choked on his thoughts when he stepped around the corner and bumped into Axel.
"Sorry... Oh... Hi..."
Axel looked up.
"Oh hey... What's up? It's... Demyx right?"
"Yeah..."
He needed to make out that he wasn't as interested as he really was.
"... Axel isn't it?"
The redhead simply nodded.
"I'm just heading around here to smoke..."
Demyx nodded and went to walk by towards school.
"Do you wanna come?"
The blonde turned his head hiding his delight with a straight face.
"I guess..."
Demyx followed Axel down a lane, which seemed to turn and curve for ages...
/I wonder is he gonna beat me up and steal my i pod?/
His eyes examined Axel and he mentally noted how skinny he was...
/I reckon I could take him... But I dunno if I could bring myself to physically hit him.../
Before he knew what was happening the laneway opened out into a field around the back of their school.
"Wow... I never knew this place was here..."
Axel shrugged.
"Not too many people do... You can't get here from the school... Well you can if you're good at jumping over walls at speed... But people here seem oddly good and arn't interested in antisocial behaviour..."
Demyx couldn't help but laugh at this comment which made Axel laugh a little too, his smile took the blonde boy by total surprise and he had to pull his eyes away to hold what Axel was handing him.
/Skins? Hold on.../
Axel clearly saw his surprised expression.
"Ah you thought I meant tabacco..."
Demyx shook his head.
"No... No..."
The redhead shot him a knowing look.
"Yeah ok... I've never smoked this before..."
Axel nodded.
"Probably better off... You can have a cigarette if you want... Don't feel pressured..."
Demyx shook his head.
"No I'm all for trying new things."
With that Axel burned up the brown substance and sprinkled it in.
"I'll make it light, cause its your first time ok?"
Now very curious the blonde nodded and watched what he did in great interest.
"See it takes some practice... But its just tabacco, hash or weed, flip, lick, seal and roach... And there you have it."
He held the finished joint out for Demyx to look at before placing it between his lips and lighting it.
Inhaling deeply he lay back in the damp grass...
It was a clear day and the sky was light blue above them dotted here and there with fluffy white clouds...
Demyx lay down beside Axel watching the clouds and passed the joint to him, Demyx took a long drag and spluttered a little bit.
The redhead laughed a little.
"Dude take it easy! This is stronger than cigarettes... Not that you've been smoking them very long either have you?"
Demyx face flushed a red colour...
"I have been... Ages..."
"You're a bad liar... A really bad liar Demyx..."
The mohawked boy felt like running the hell away when Axel took the joint back off him.
"You're cute when you blush though..."
Demyx felt his cheeks flush even more...
Thankfully Axel had stopped looking at him and started drawing things with his finger in the clouds.
They lay there for a while just talking about anything and everything that crossed their minds...
"How are you feeling anyways?"
"I'm okay, my thoughts are kinda racing though and I keep getting these really random ideas."
"Welcome to being stoned Demyx..."
He looked at the blunt left in his hand.
"This is almost gone... Can I ask you something?"
"Yeah sure..."
"Are you homophobic?"
Demyx raised an eyebrow.
"Nope... Definitely not."
"Good."
Axel took Demyx lightly by the shoulders.
"When I breathe out you breathe in ok?"
The blonde boy wasn't 100% sure what he was talking about.
"Okay..."
Axel dragged the last of the joint into his lungs and holding Demyx's face in his hands and placed his lips on Demyx's.
It took Demyx a moment to realize that he was blowing smoke into his mouth and he started breathing inwards...
/This is the sweetest tasting smoke ever... May this never end.../
But like all great things Axel slowly pulled away and took a deep breath inwards.
"Hold it in for as long as possible that'll get you properly fucked up."
Demyx was holding it in for as long as possible...
But certainly not for the purpose of getting fucked up...
After about thirty seconds he sighed outwards.
"You feeling that?"
The mohawked boy nodded dreamily and let himself fall backwards into the grass.
"You okay?"
"Uh huh..."
Axel found his eyes blinded by the watch he had on his wrist...
"Shit, its almost 9.30 dude... We better get you alert and ready for class."
Demyx shrugged lazily.
"Screw school... Lets just lay here all day."
The redhead laughed to himself.
"I think you've had a little too much dude... Come here."
He looped his arm around Demyx and pulled him up from the grass.
"Can you stand?"
"Yeah... I'm cool seriously... In fact I'm great!"
Axel laughed.
"You're baked man... I dunno if I can bring you into school like that..."
"No seriously... I'm..."
"You're really pale... Are you sure you're alright?"
Demyx suddenly shook his head from side to side and leaned over to throw up.
"Uh oh... Just throw up all you need to and you'll feel better trust me, happens to the best of us."
The blonde teen stopped puking for a moment.
"You must think I'm such an idiot..."
"Hell no dude... It happened to me about three weeks ago, it just happens sometimes... And with me it was far worse..."
He shivered at the memory.
"I got a serious case of the munchies before hand too... Strawberry cheesecake everywhere, very sexy..."
"I'll bet..."
"No need for sarcasm Demyx!"
He lifted his head up long enough to say something.
"I wasn't being sarcastic..."
Axel smiled a slight smile.
"I mean... I was... I'm not gay..."
Demyx was blushing again.
"You're not?"
He shook his head slightly in response then nodded finally he shrugged and breathed out a long sigh.
"I really don't know... I told my friend yesterday that I liked someone... A guy... And... Hold on why am I telling you this?"
Axel grinned.
"Thats what hash does dude makes your mind wide open, its relaxing and inspires some people..."
Demyx nodded wanting to desperately change the conversation from his sexual urges back to something less intrusive.
"So why do you smoke it?"
Axel considered this while lighting a cigarette.
"Recreational purposes, relaxation, escapism... Its something that I enjoy... Feeling better?"
"Yeah actually... Way better still a bit gone though..."
"That might last a while... We're late by the way... I wasn't gonna bother today... But I guess I should keep an eye on you..."
Demyx pulled a strand of blonde hair from his face and looked into Axel's hypotising green eyes.
"You don't have to, I don't wanna keep you from whatever you were planning on doing today."
Axel reached out and grabbed Demyx's wrist before he could walk away.
"Don't be like that Demyx... Come on, I was a bad influence now its time to pay the price..."
"Are you saying I'm a burden Axel?"
The redhead nodded his head.
"A very fun burden."
They walked in silence back down into the lane when Demyx suddenly stopped.
"Do we have to go to school?"
"Do you want a black mark on your perfect attendence record preppy?"
"No, but theres a sort of 'situation' I don't want to face today..."
Axel shrugged.
"School in itself is a situation I never want to face, but... It has to be done... Well actually I'm a very bad example of that... But still you're going to school, late or not."
Demyx started sulking.
"Fine..."
By the time they reached the school it was a quarter to eleven.
"So what class are we supposed to be in now anyways?"
Demyx pulled his journal out of his bag.
"Do you do biology?"
"Yeah... I was led to believe we'd get to use sharp knives and dissect stuff... Same reason I took chemistry, he said chemicals I thought it'd be the kind of stuff that'd burn straight through the bonnet of a few choice assholes cars... Very disappointing..."
Demyx laughed and walked through the door of the biology class without even thinking he made to go to his usual seat beside Roxas only to find it was taken by Hayner...
Axel dragged him over to his lab bench one row away and pulling him into the seat beside himself whispered.
"Is that the friend who you told?"
Demyx nodded.
"Yeah we've been friends for as long as I can remember and then he finds out and apparently its like I don't exist anymore..."
"Harsh..."
"You're telling me..."
The biology teacher had had quite enough of their chatter and turned away from his scribbling on the whiteboard.
"Axel not only did you disrupt my class by coming in late but now you plan to wreck it for everyone else by talking the whole way through too? Demyx you're usually a very good student, perhaps you should consider moving back to your old seat?"
"Uhm sorry sir, no thank you I'm good here."
Roxas sniggered.
"Yeah I don't want to catch gayitis off that fag."
Roxas laughed.
"Run Hayner you might catch it! What Demyx you didn't tell him that you were off sucking cock last night? Axel I'd run if I were you..."
Axel laughed.
"Actually you have your wires crossed Roxas..."
The blonde boy laughed thinking Axel would start on Demyx too.
"Thursdays my night for sucking, so I was sucking HIS dick last night and dude... I've never seen a bigger cock... Lucky for me I haven't much of a gag reflex."
Roxas face dropped and Demyx couldn't help but smile.
"Awww so you're both fags everyone look at the lovely couple!"
Axel stood up and dragged Demyx up with him and before he knew what was going on they were at Roxas desk.
"You want something to look at?"
With that Axel lay across their desk and pulled Demyx on top of himself and kissed him as hard as he could.
Roxas was too shocked to even react and Demyx's hoody was on the floor before the teacher could pull them apart.
"WHATEVER YOU WISH TO DO IN YOUR OWN TIME IS YOUR BUSINESS BUT THIS IS A PLACE OF LEARNING!?! I WILL NOT HAVE ANY MANNER OF SEXUAL EXPRESSIONS IN MY CLASSROOM!"
Axel did a peace sign to the girls in the class who were all swooning and finished with a big "STAY IN SCHOOL!"
Demyx was just grinning from ear to ear Roxas was laughing his ass off until...
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LAUGHING AT? YOU GET YOURSELF TO THE PRINCIPALS OFFICE! HOMOPHOBIC BEHAVIOUR IN THIS SCHOOL WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!"
Five minutes later all three sat side by side in the principals office...
"What do you three have to say for yourselves?"
Axel took a breath to speak.
"Well sir, I was simply proving a point I have a right to be attracted to males in this school and in this country... Perhaps it was not the right way to do it but I reacted the way I did at the time and I can't take that back now... For my actions though I am truly sorry... I will try to keep my behaviour with Demyx here private in the future."
The principal nodded and switched his gaze to Demyx.
"Well I don't really have an excuse..."
Demyx stared down at his shoes.
The principal looked at Demyx.
"Well what started all of this off?"
The mohawked boy took a deep breath.
"Well... I've been feeling pretty down lately... About a lot of things... The main thing being that I am confused about what I... Like..."
The principal nodded imploring Demyx to go on...
"I'm not so sure I feel comfortable having this conversation with everyone here..."
"Roxas, Axel can you please give us a moment."
Both teens stood up and left the room.
"Do you wish to talk about this?"
Demyx nodded.
"Well pretty much what happened was... Roxas wondered what was wrong with me... And I told him over the phone last night... When I came in today, he just didn't want to know me... Axel was just standing up for me back there..."
"And Roxas?"
Demyx sighed.
"Well he called me a fag and said he didn't want to catch gayitis... Which probably sounds stupid... But it hurts to be judged like that especially over something I can't help... And that doesn't effect him anyway... I guess it'd be different if I liked him, but I don't..."
"I see... Do your parents know?"
Demyx shook his head.
"No, not yet..."
"I see, okay ask the other two to come back in."
Demyx walked to the door and opening it motioned the other two back in.
Roxas stopped at Demyx before he walked in and whispered.
"If I get into trouble over this consider yourself dead."
The mohawked boy gulped and walked back into the office.
"Right, well clearly all of you have behaved in a way which is unacceptable in this school which means you're all suspended as of now... You start back on Tuesday hopefully you'll have all calmed down by then... Axel please keep the public displays of affection to a minimum in school and out of the classroom, Demyx same goes for you. Roxas regardless of your opinion on same sex relationships you cannot abuse other students in this school for their preferences, if it happens again you will be expelled... I hope this has cleared things up for everyone and I will see you all back here first thing Tuesday morning."
Demyx gulped.
/I'm dead.../
They walked out of the office Axel grinning at Demyx who looked worried.
"Whats wrong? You got to make out with another dude in front of an entire classroom and get a few days off for it!"
Demyx grinned briefly.
"So you really are gay?"
"Straight as a roundabout dude!"
"So what are you gonna do with this time off?"
Axel looked thoughtful for a moment.
"Probably hang out with Zexion... His house is free this weekend, his parents are away at some health spa..."
Demyx nodded sadly.
"Oh... Okay..."
Axel grabbed him by the wrist.
"So come along dude!"
"O-Okay! But won't Zexion mind?"
The redhead shook his head.
"No way the guy can't say no to me ha ha! Hell what kind of boyfriend would he be if he could?"
Demyx stopped dead in his tracks...
/Boyfriend?!/
"Oh you have a boyfriend..."
"Yeah! Didn't I say?"
The mohawked boy shook his head.
"Dude I think I'm still a little sick from earlier... I'm gonna head home..."
The redhead cocked his head.
"Oh really? Well theres gonna be a party tomorrow night, do you have your cell phone?"
Demyx nodded trying to hold back tears and handed it over.
"Heres my number I'll bring you to the place if you're feeling better?"
"Yeah sure..."
Once he had his mobile back in his hand Demyx left quickly running out of the school through the back door once he knew he was out of sight of everyone he broke down into tears...
/I'm such a total idiot... Why would someone like that ever want me?/
With his head buried in his hands his eyes spilled over and he sobbed hard into his hoody...
When a noise suddenly made him raise his head.
"I told you if you ratted me out I'd get you back..."
Demyx stood up and looked around, surrounded, five of them and one of him didn't look too good.
"Roxas... Please... Don't do this..."
But the group closed in around him and as much as he tried to fight back, five was just too many...
"Fucking queers, you make me sick..."
He felt a sharp pain in his back, his ribs and in the side of his head and then everything went black...
No comments:
Post a Comment