"I think its about time we left this room... And ate... I'm starving..."
Demyx blinked his eyes open slowly against the sunlight...
"Wha... Did you just say something?"
Axel crossed the room sitting on the edge of Demyx's bed.
"Yeah I said we should leave this room eat something... Maybe get the fuck out of here for the day?"
The blonde boy slowly wiped his eyes.
"That could be fun... Where do you have in mind?"
"I dunno... Anywhere... Its nice outside... Wanna go to the beach or something?"
The blonde teen smiled and stretched.
"Yeah I haven't been to the beach in... Years actually..."
Axel nodded his head thoughtfully.
"Me neither... Is that a yes then?"
Demyx nodded happily.
"Sure. Sounds good... You sure you're up to it?"
The redhead nodded slowly.
"Yeah... I think so."
He wouldn't meet Demyx's gaze but he smiled quickly filling the silence.
"So what we go hang out maybe swim get some ice cream? And which beach?"
Axel almost grimaced at the word swim.
"Uhm... I think we can get a bus to a beach from near here... Might be a little crowded though... Hmmm... I'll just check times..."
With that he sat down at his computer tapping keys for a few moments.
"Right... The next ones at 1... It's eleven thirty... So why don't you get ready to go and I'll head to the shop and pick us up some stuff?"
Demyx shrugged.
"I won't be long... I could come with you."
Axel shook his head grinning almost forcibly.
"Don't worry about me, what do you think I'm gonna do?"
The blonde shrugged.
"Alright... Just let Reno know..."
"I don't think hes here..."
"Okay... Well I'll see you in a few then."
"Kay."
Axel walked slowly down the stairs checking that Reno actually wasn't there.
/Thank God.../
He left the house quietly letting the door close with a click...
His hands shook slightly.
/It's just nerves... You know that Axel... You're not him.../
Slowly he pulled his phone out of his pocket and texting while he walked made his way towards the school.
Demyx walked out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist ruffling his wet hair with the other one he held, curiousity got the better of him and he began opening random boxes and presses around Axel's room.
/I know so little and so much about you... Everything that should have been left until later was revealed early and everything that should've been early days is still a mystery... Then again... I guess it wouldn't feel like it was you if it was any other way... Thats what makes you different.../
His hand ran across a box on one of his shelves and absent mindedly he opened it, inside was a ring and a note.
*I can only hope we'll always be together... If this cannot be the case then keep this as my promise and know I'll always love you... No one will ever replace the love you've shown me. No one will ever replace you, my Axel.*
Demyx felt his stomach contort with jealousy just as that happened the door swung open and there stood Axel, he noticed the ring in Demyx's hand and put the brown bag he was carrying down, took it and the note from him and put them back in their box.
"Did you have a nice shower?"
His voice was momentarily cold and Demyx wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic or not but answered anyway.
"Uhm... Yeah..."
"Get dressed we'll miss the bus."
Axel excused himself to the bathroom without any further delay.
Demyx shrugged and started to change.
/I wonder what that was all about?/
Axel sat in the bathroom and removed a small bag from his pocket.
/It's just so that coming down isn't so bad... Right? Yeah... Theres nothing wrong with that... Maybe it just took me longer to feel down from it cause it was my first time... I'm not even slightly wanting it. I'm okay. I'm in control here.../
He cut and placed a small line on the back of the toilet and breathing quietly snorted it feeling relieved that finding some was so easy...
/This isn't a forever thing... It's just something to take off the edge... This isn't forever it's just for right now./
Axel checked his nose in the mirror and feeling a little lifted already left the bathroom, Demyx was talking on the phone so he went to pick up the brown bag he'd dropped when he'd first walked in and packed the contents of it into a backpack.
Demyx ended his call and noticed Axel smiling to himself.
"So... Are you ready?"
The redhead nodded happily.
"Yup lets go!"
It wasn't his imagination... Axel was actually smiling...
And he kept smiling...
Right up until they were waiting on the bus.
When he started frowning.
"Stupid buses... They always take forever..."
/Thats a valid enough reason to stop smiling... Everyone hates waiting on buses... I guess.../
He was sighing to himself when Axel started grinning again.
"Awww come on its not that bad. The bus will be here soon."
Demyx giggled slightly.
"Thats not why I was... Never mind..."
Axel smiled, the way Axel used to smile, before everything...
Probably the way he smiled before he knew about him too...
This thought brought him down and he stared at his shoes while they sat on the ground at the bus stop.
Axel noticed noting the look on his face and whispered his name when the blonde turned his head Axel caught Demyx's lips on his own and lifted his hand gently to his face.
Their lips parted together like they knew what the other would do before it happened...
/Why is he doing this... He doesn't want me... Right?/
Demyx's eyes fell closed regardless as Axel's other hand creeped up to his shoulder fingers playing with a stray piece of hair that hung there.
/But I want this.../
He could feel Axel's teeth nibble on his lower lip and tried to relax into it letting his tongue trace over Axels in a slow... Even romantic rhythm.
/Finally.../
His hands were searching over Axel's chest and shoulders, he didn't care if they were at a bus stop in broad daylight he had dreamed of this and he was damn well gonna get the best he could out of it.
Suddenly a bus full of gawking school children passed all of whom were hanging out the windows and screeching at them with glee.
"KISSY KISSY!"
"WOOO WOOO!"
"GET A ROOM YOU TWO!"
Axel started laughing as did Demyx who was secretly cursing the school kids for ruining it.
"WOAH ITS TWO GUYS!"
"WHAT!?"
The girls on the bus rushed to the window wide eyed and giggling to get one last look at them before the bus turned the corner.
Axel laughed and waved to the excited girls.
"Guess they've never seen THAT before eh?"
Demyx shrugged blushing.
"I-I guess not..."
The redhead grinned putting his arm around Demyx's shoulders.
"Embarassed are we?"
His tongue traced the outside of the blonde teens ear making Demyx gasp.
"Now now Demyx settle down, we're in public..."
With that his hand started tracing circles on Demyx's thigh.
/Think of nuns... Think of mom... Think of... Roxas... Eugh.../
Axel knew exactly what he was doing to him and continued until the bus pulled around the corner and stood up with ease putting his hand out to stop the bus.
"Well? You coming or not?"
Demyx stood up slowly trying to stifle what was going on in his head and trousers at that very moment and awkwardly got on the bus throwing his hoody across his lap blushing lightly.
"Whats wrong Demy?"
"Nothing..."
Axel grinned and stared out the window as they left their neighbourhood and started out towards the edge of the city.
"I always enjoy leaving the city... It just feels like breaking out or something..."
Demyx nodded wondering what went on in Axel's head half the time.
/I can do this... I have to do this... I want to get better... I need to get better... For his sake... And for my sake.../
"Come on! I know a good spot around here."
"Are you sure this is safe?"
"Have you never been rock climbing?"
"No and this is pretty fucking high!"
"Gimme your hand, I'll make sure you don't fall."
Axel walked across a few more rocks and pulled Demyx up behind him causing him to stumble on the last rock and trip only to be caught in Axel's arms.
"You okay?"
"Yeah..."
The redhead looked around himself.
"Look around Dem the views pretty amazing."
Demyx lifted his head looking around himself.
They were on the cliffs high above the water on one side the beach could be seen, people walking around in different coloured bathing suits looked almost like ants...
On the other there was nothing but the sea with the sun glittering off its surface, all around them there was lush green grass...
Axel lay down looking at the clouds.
"This is... My getaway I guess you could call it... Me and Ze..."
He paused wincing that he had almost uttered his name but continued anyway acting like nothing had happened.
"Used to come up here and smoke weed, or drink, whatever took our fancy..."
He put his hands behind his head and closed his eyes humming to himself then suddenly he opened them and reached to his backpack and pulled out a cigarette.
"It feels like forever since I've had a cigarette."
Demyx shrugged.
"Maybe you should use this as the beginning of quitting?"
Axel stopped with the cigarette between his lips and the lighter about an inch away from it.
"Hmmm... I could... Although right now... Thats doomed to failure... I've got too much on my mind... And well... I'm not exactly in a quitting mood..."
With that said he lit the cigarette and breathed out slowly after the first drag.
"Feels like I haven't smoked in like a month or something..."
Demyx nodded looking out across the sea.
"You look troubled Demy... What's up?"
The blonde took a breath like he was going to talk but he shut his mouth again and didn't say anything.
Axel shrugged and pulled a green glass bottle of cider out of his backpack and took the metal top off with his teeth.
"Drink up... Might loosen up your lips a bit..."
Demyx took the bottle and took a few experimental sips, he smiled.
"It's nice..."
"What were you expecting?"
Demyx shrugged.
"I dunno... I've only ever tried vodka..."
Axel laughed.
"No wonder you don't like alcohol... I've had some bad experiences with vodka..."
He held the cigarette between his lips while he pulled a bottle out of his bag for himself and pulled the top off it with his teeth.
"So Axel... How are you feeling?"
The redhead let his eyes slide shut.
"I'm fine, how're you feeling?"
"Grand..."
"So what was it that you were gonna say?"
Demyx shifted his weight.
"Uhm... Well I was just gonna ask..."
Axel shook his head.
"Okay... I get it..."
"Y-You do?"
"You need to drink until its seems like a good idea to say what you have to say otherwise you won't say it..."
"Uhm... Okay... Do you think its a good idea to drink that much?"
Axel laughed.
"I don't think that'll be that much for you Demyx..."
The blonde nodded.
"I guess you're right..."
One or two beers later...
"I mean he's just such an asshole... I think I'm gonna kick his ass when I go back... I don't care if they kick me out!"
Axel giggled.
"That's enough for you I think!"
He pulled the bottle out of Demyx's hand.
"Hey thats mine!"
"Then take it dude!"
Demyx tried but missed several times.
"That's soooo not fair!"
Axel grabbed his cheeks pulling his face.
"It is faaaaaaaaair cause you're tooooo druuuunkkk!!!"
"Owww Axel thats so mean! I'm soo not talking to youu now."
He sat down and turned his back to Axel pouting.
Axel went up behind him on his knees and rested his head on his shoulder.
"But I thought you wanted to tell me something?"
Demyx breathed in.
"Yeah... Well more ask you something..."
"Shoot."
"Well... I guess I'm just wondering why..."
"Yeah?"
"Why you keep me around... I mean... You'll never like me as much as you like... Love Zexion... And well I just wanted to know... Why..."
Axel went very quiet.
"I mean... I'm staying regardless of what the answer to that question is... I like you too much to leave... I just wondered..."
The redhead sighed out slowly trying to figure out how to explain himself.
"I'm going through a lot right now... Needless to say... You've been here for me... I still feel the same, about him... But I'm also feeling things for you... I don't know what I SHOULD do here... So I guess I'm just going with how I feel..."
Demyx now leaning against Axel took the bottle back from him and downed it in one go.
Axel raised an eyebrow.
"Am I to guess that theres another question?"
Demyx nodded.
"Can I ask one first?"
"Yeah... I guess..."
Axel cleared his throat.
"How long have you liked me for?"
The blonde teen gulped.
"Uhm..."
"Hey I'm answering all of your questions!"
"Okay okay... A few years... Although I never believed... That... Anything... Would um... Come of it..."
Axel seemed to blush slightly and Demyx moved his head quickly from Axel's lap.
"NOT THAT I'M IMPLYING ANYTHING WILL OR HAS ALREADY COME OF IT! I mean it'd be great if it did but... Oh God... I'm just gonna be silent now."
Axel shrugged.
"Last time I checked we kissed today... I dunno what that qualifies as to you... And usually it doesn't qualify as much to me..."
Demyx sighed sadly.
"But today... Well I think possibly thats changed..."
The blonde teen felt his breath catch in his throat in excitement.
"I guess... It will take a while for the past to fade away for me... But... I don't like the thought of not having you here... Near me..."
Axel moved around in front of Demyx and made him look into his eyes.
"So how do you feel about that?"
"I'm... I'm..."
Axel leaned in and kissed him softly.
"Just a yes or a no and I'll know."
Demyx nodded quickly and Axel pulled him close to him smiling.
/I can't believe it... Somehow... I've captured Axel's heart.../
Demyx laid back into Axel's chest and watched the now setting sun when Axel suddenly piped up.
"Wait, didn't you have one more question for me?"
Demyx smiled to himself.
"It doesn't really matter now..."
The redhead laid his head on top of Demyx's and watched the sunset.
No comments:
Post a Comment