His heart beat fast and his feet pushed the pedals as hard as they could he was barely aware of the cars and traffic around him, all he needed right now was to be at the hospital near Axel...
And to kick ten shades of hell out of Zexion...
But that he couldn't do right now, because if it was at all possible, he didn't want to cause Axel anymore hurt or pain.
His thoughts rushed through his head almost as fast as he was going.
/Axel wake up and be okay you have to wake up... You have to be okay.../
He turned quickly out in front of a car into the hospital car park falling off in the middle of the turn and hitting the ground hard, hurting his already broken ribs.
"Fuck... Fuck..."
He took a deep breath and dragged himself up off the ground abandoning his bike among the traffic moving in and out of the busy car park, he didn't care.
Demyx could see nothing right now but his mental image of Axel, eyes closed in the hospital bed, not moving, not grinning, not smiling, not smoking, not being sarcastic...
Suddenly his footsteps slowed down and his thoughts forced themselves to be heard.
/Can you actually handle seeing him like this? Zexion is there, hes his boyfriend you're just the wannabe... What if its just a big hoax between the two of them? What if I get my heart broken? Am I making a huge mistake? Is it even my business to be here?/
His face contorted in frustration and he could feel his nails dig hard into his palms...
/What do I do.../
A single drop of blood made him realise how hard his nails were biting into his skin and he relaxed watching it drop to the ground.
/Lets face it... No ones ever made you feel this way... It could be nothing... Or it could be something huge... But if I never try I'll never know.../
Swallowing hard he moved in through the hospital doors Zexion was sitting alone near the reception desk and motioned to him, he appeared paranoid and nervous, helpless...
So unlike the night before he had seemed threatening, aggressive and very strong...
He wondered was it really Zexion sitting there huddled up in a corner in his ripped jeans and dark faded t shirt, trying to hide behind the hair that hung in his face he was just a shadow of his former self and for some reason Demyx couldn't bring himself to be angry at someone who stuck such a pitiful figure.
So he walked over to Zexion and wrapped his arms around him.
The silver haired man didn't even try and fight him he just stayed where he was and sobbed into Demyx's shoulder.
"How could I have let this happen...?"
Mentally forcing himself against what he really wanted to say he bit his lip.
"You know Axel better than I do, but I get the impression that once hes set on something thats it, he'll do it regardless of what anyone thinks."
Zexion nodded slightly taking the tissue that Demyx offered him and wiping his dark eyes, they were so dark he could've swore he was wearing eyeliner or something, but when he wiped his eyes he realised it was nothing but late nights, drugs, stress and tears...
The next few minutes were very quiet apart from the odd sob from Zexion...
Silence meant that Demyx would have to face his thoughts and he couldn't handle that right now.
"Did you hear anything about what they're going to do with Axel? They ran through it quickly with me before they called his family... They said if its been snorted it enters the bloodsteam quickly and theres not much chance of getting it back out... So they're keeping an eye on him said he was showing a lot of the usual signs of cocaine overdose... I'm just hoping that he'll be okay..."
Demyx nodded imagining Axel again eyes closed...
"Did they say anything else?"
Zexion shook his head.
"No... He was shaking violently in the ambulance though and that seemed to panic them... But they wouldn't tell me exactly what was going on... I think they want his family to get here first..."
They sat in silence for a further few moments...
When someone burst through the doors.
"Where is Axel? I'm gonna fucking kill him!"
Demyx stood up and faced the red haired male.
"Touch a hair on his head and you'll never walk again."
"And who the fuck are you to tell me what I can or can't do to my own fucking idiot of a brother?"
The blonde boys eyes opened wide.
"His brother? Oh god... I'm sorry... I..."
The mans face lightened.
"It's nice to know he has people like you looking out for him... I didn't even know he was into that shit... He was always so happy then again if he was off his face on that I can see why..."
"Is always so happy... And he's not into it... It was a once off... Everyone makes mistakes..."
"How do you know that for sure? Are you the dude he keeps telling me hes seeing?"
"No thats him... I'm just his friend..."
Reno walked over towards Zexion and held out his hand.
"I'm Reno Axel's brother you must be... Demyx right?"
The silver haired teen sighed tired but clearly saddened by the comment.
"No, I'm Zexion, Axel's boyfriend..."
Reno scratched the back of his head awkwardly realising what he had just done.
"Oh... Uhm... Nice to meet you..."
He walked over to reception and started enquiring about his brothers whereabouts.
"Uhm... I dunno why he thought that, I mean... I've only just met him and well nothings happened... I mean... Well not nothing nothing but well..."
Zexion took a deep breath.
"Listen... I know that things have happened between you nothing too heavy I believe... I just don't know why its happened..."
The blonde haired boy looked at Zexion questioningly.
"What do you mean by that?"
The silver haired teen sat back into his chair a little further.
"You know about my little 'habit' yes?"
Demyx nodded.
"Do you know how I support my little 'habit'?"
"I have some ideas... Just through what Axel said in your argument at the school... But I'm not 100% sure..."
"Well Marluxia keeps me suppied... As long as I keep him well supplied... With what you might wonder? Pleasures of the flesh one might call it..."
Zexion leaned in whispering choosing and brandishing his words like weapons each one designed to hurt and destroy.
Demyx nodded.
"Yeah but what does this have to do with me?"
The silver haired teen sat back.
"Well isn't it obvious?"
The blonde teen shook his head.
"What exactly are you trying to say?"
"Just that Axel... Well he doesn't like me being with Marluxia very much... So what better way to teach me a lesson than mirroring my actions?"
Suddenly the last piece fell into place and Demyx's whole mindset began to crumble around him.
/Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck... He's just fucking with your head... I could make him happier than this junk ball ever could.../
Zexion tilted his head to the side no longer looking at Demyx.
"He loves me you know..."
/Fuck fuck fuck!?! Maybe thats true... Maybe thats fucking true... And if it is... Where does that leave me? Alone... Fucked... He wants me to leave and I know it... But what if hes telling the truth... What if Axel just used me... To get back at him?/
Demyx took a deep breath and blinked away the pain he was feeling.
"Whores arn't loved they're a service... I'd rather not have someone and know I went about it fair and square than to abuse them to the last and fuck up so badly, that they had to go running to their classmate that they didn't even know existed until a day or two ago and risk their relationship just for some affection and to feel better and to feel loved... You clearly have such an amazing relationship..."
Zexion became silent.
Their silence was broken by Reno.
"We can go see Axel now... He's still unconscious but hes stable..."
Demyx looked at the white wall clock five hours had passed, he seemed to have lost all concept of time since he walked into the hospital.
But Axel was stable and that was a start even if he was unconscious he was breathing and possibly dreaming, for now that was good enough...
The blonde followed Reno down the hall Zexion was trailing behind them shaking violently all over.
"Whats wrong Zexion? Need something to make you feel better?"
"Shut the fuck up..."
As much as he wanted Zexion to fall and spazz out and be recognised as the total addict he was, he just couldn't bring himself to do that to another human being... So he against his own want linked an arm around Zexion's waist and helped him to the room where Axel was.
After sitting him down on a chair Demyx approached Axel's bedside.
His eyes were closed, but he didn't look as Zexion did, there were no dark circles surrounding his eyes, his face looked smooth, as though he was just sleeping instead of dulled into a comatosed type state.
He stared at him for what seemed like forever...
Remembering little details noting small differences noticing things he hadn't before...
/His hairs been flattened because he's been lying down for probably hours... Those markings under his eyes must be tattoos... They're always there... Axel face looks really different when he expressionless... Almost innocent in fact.../
He mused over his appearance and what he might be dreaming of until Zexion had the will and the power to get up and go to his bedside.
"Do you mind giving me a few minutes alone with my boyfriend please?"
Demyx shot him a look but did as he was asked and left the room...
Reno left too.
The silver haired boy began to search the room for anything he could trade for money or coke...
Marluxia was out of town for the next few days and since Axel had wasted the last of his stash he needed more, he leaned over Axel and whispered.
"I'm sorry... But I need to... I'm weak..."
With that he reached into Axel's pockets in search of anything...
Anything to get him a little closer to his next fix.
He found it in Axel's back pocket...
The fifty Axel had used to snort the coke with, Zexion had no idea how it had gotten there...
But it was there and he was in no state to argue with his luck or method right now so he pocketed it and opened the door for Demyx and Reno to walk back into the room.
"I have to go... I hate seeing him like this..."
With that said he started to walk away and let the door swing into Demyx's hands.
The blonde haired teen took his seat dutifully beside Axel's bed and leaning in made a quiet promise...
Either to himself or Axel...
"I promise, I'll stay here until the end... Whatever that may be... Even if I can't bear it, I'll stay... I won't leave you I promise..."
No comments:
Post a Comment