Axel was sitting outside Zexion's house on the chair swing, a cigarette in one hand and his mobile phone in the other...
/What the fuck dude I told you I'd call you later... Hmmm... Maybe he's asleep... He did smoke a fair bit.../
He made a motion to go back inside to Zexion but something told him to try calling one more time.
So he sat back down and dialled in his number, he knew it off by heart he'd tried him maybe ten times at this stage...
Although he wasn't sure why he was so keen he had a feeling he should keep trying...
"Hello? Hey Demyx been trying to get a hold of you for ages what were you sleeping or something?"
Demyx took a deep breath.
"I got the shit beat out of me..."
"Yeah and I'm the queen of England... What time are you coming over at?"
"... I'm serious... I haven't been home yet..."
"WHAT!?! Where are you?"
"...The school..."
"Why didn't you call me earlier!? Jesus Christ!?"
"...I think I was unconscious..."
"Where in the school are you?"
"The back door... Near the shelters... Sorry..."
"Demyx? Demyx? Fuck..."
He flipped his phone closed and ran inside to Zexion who was snorting a line of white powder off the coffee table.
"Axel! Hey! I was wondering where you'd gone! Let's do some bodyshots!!!"
The redhead shook his head rapidly.
"Zexy we need to go to the school now!"
Zexion pouted.
"Awww come on... What could be more important than being here with me huh?"
"My friend just got the shit kicked out of him after school today, probably by the bunch of homophobic jerkoffs from biology class today..."
Zexion stood up lighting a cigarette.
"I'll get the car..."
Demyx was lying on the ground, awake, but unsure if he could move...
There were stars twinkling above him which told him it was late, he looked at his phone wondering how long he was out for.
/8 pm and 15 missed calls... My mom must be freaking out.../
He hit the button with his thumb and realizing eleven of them were from...
/Axel called me 11 times... My mom only called 4? I dunno if I should feel loved or hated right now.../
Little by little he tested each one of his limbs...
/Arms... Ok. Legs... In one piece.../
But when he tried to sit up he lay straight back down breathing out slowly.
"Ribs ribs ribs... Ow..."
/Man I hope I didn't dream that phonecall.../
Zexion was speeding full throttle towards the school with a cigarette in one hand talking almost as fast as he was driving.
"So who are these little pricks anyways?"
Axel was paying attention to the traffic and how Zexion's head seemed to be in the conversation more than on the road.
"They're in our year... Jesus dude watch the road!?"
"Do you know where they live?"
"Uhm... Not really? Any reason why you're suddenly acting psychotic?"
Zexion's head snapped around and he slammed on the brakes.
"I am not acting psychotic... You said you were there today... That they said things to you... I'm just trying to be a good boyfriend and you're saying I'm acting psycho."
Axel shook his head.
"Listen dude thats not what I meant... Can we just go to the school to get Demyx? Please? I'm worried about him..."
The silver haired teens eyes seemed to twitch slightly but he stepped on the gas pedal and they sped onwards.
Demyx's phone was in his hand and he was trying to text Axel when suddenly the gate smashed in and headlights were tearing towards him...
"Jesus Christ hit the brakes!!!"
The brakes screeched and the car stopped to a halt about two feet from Demyx who looked like a rabbit caught in headlights...
Axel shook his head at Zexion and threw the car door open to see how his friend was doing.
"Demyx! Are you okay? What happened?"
"I'll tell you everything but could you help me get up off the ground first?"
"Sure... Why can't you get up though?"
Demyx winced as Axel slowly helped him to his feet.
"I think one of my ribs is broken..."
"Fucking bastards! Dude... We gotta get you to a hospital..."
"I'd rather not..."
"Don't be fucking stupid! Your ribs fucked up and you're just gonna leave it? I don't think so. We're taking you to the hospital."
Zexion slighted his eyes.
"If he says hes okay, hes okay Axel... He just needed a hand up... Do you need a ride home Dennis?"
Demyx nodded.
"Yeah if that'd be okay..."
Axel stopped dead by the drivers door teeth gritted.
"His name is Demyx... And we're bringing him to the hospital."
Zexion smiled politely in Demyx's direction.
"My apologies for getting your name wrong Demyx, would you like me to drop you home or to the hospital?"
The redhead smiled sarcastically in the direction of Zexion.
"Well DARLING if you got beaten up by a bunch of queer bashing assholes and spent the last few hours UNCONSCIOUS where would you rather be taken?"
"Axel... I'm giving him a choice and being POLITE."
Things were beginning to get pretty heated between Zexion and Axel.
"You know... Maybe I'll just walk..."
The arguing couple turned around.
"NO!"
Demyx wide eyed and becoming convinced that everyone but him was insane sat down on a rock.
"No you're being a jealous little paranoid fuck!"
Zexion started shouting.
"Oh so now I'm being jealous? Oh no Axel by all means make out with your little buddy there in biology class and expect me to say nothing!"
The redhead balled his hands into fists.
"Yeah well maybe if you wern't such a coke fiend you'd be able to settle down and give me the damn time of day and not be that idiot Marluxia's bitch twenty four seven!"
The silver haired teen clearly wasn't expecting this and simply slanted his eyes before pulling back and punching Axel straight in the face.
Axel stumbled back a tiny bit and reached up to his face to find his nose was bleeding, without saying another word he picked up a rock and just as Zexion climbed into the drivers side of the car threw it as hard as he could against the windscreen...
Zexion's face full of shock was revealed as the windsceen shattered.
Axel expressed how he felt with a one fingered salute as the car pulled out of the school.
"Fucking prick... Right... Guess we best get you to the hospital."
Demyx was completely confused.
"Don't you want to go after him? I mean... Are you guys still...?"
The redheaded teen laughed.
"Together? Yeah... That's pretty light compared to some of the fights we have... I'll give him til tomorrow morning and he'll be texting and calling me non stop."
The mohawked boy frowned.
"Doesn't that bother you?"
"What?"
"That he's sleeping with some dude... For cocaine?"
Axel shook his head.
"He's not anymore... He's gotten cleaned up... He's not long out of rehab actually, he's just a little fucked up without the coke..."
"Oh... Okay... Sorry..."
"Ah its okay dude you didn't know... And uhm... I'm sorry you had to witness that..."
"No no... It's fine."
"Right... You're in no fit state to walk..."
He looked around himself as though he expected the answer to form out of thin air.
"Screw it we'll take a taxi."
After about half an hour they were sitting in the back of a yellow taxi, suspicious eyes looking at them through the rear view mirror.
"So... What happened to you two? You're looking pretty... Uh... Rough..."
Demyx looked to Axel who was opening his mouth to talk.
"Well my friend Demyx here got beaten up today because he likes guys and me well I just got into a fight with my boyfriend and he punched me in the face... Fucking asshole."
A long silence ensued...
Until they pulled up outside the hospital.
"That'll be 7.10 please."
"Heres ten keep the change... Thanks."
Axel got out, walked around to the other side of the taxi and helped Demyx out.
"Thanks."
Demyx looked at Axel.
"So what will I say happened?"
"That you got beaten up. Thats what happened right?"
The blonde teen nodded.
"Yeah... But my mom doesn't know about... Me... And I wasn't planning on telling her... Yet..."
Axel shrugged.
"You won't have to..."
"I will I mean I'm pure broke and they'll probably call her because she's next of kin... And I'll have to explain..."
"Well just say you got beaten up then... She doesn't need to know the reason... Money? Don't worry about that..."
Axel walked up to reception.
"Hey, my friend here got beaten up pretty bad... He thinks one of his ribs might be broken..."
The brunette receptionist nodded her curls bouncing as she looked around Axel at Demyx.
"I'll get someone right out to you."
Axel nodded.
"Alright... Will I pay you now or wait til hes done?"
"You can pay before you leave... Or we can send you out a bill to be paid at a later date?"
"I'll pay before we leave thanks."
Axel took a seat beside Demyx.
"Maybe you should ring your mom if you haven't been home all day... She's probably worried sick."
Demyx nodded and took out his phone.
"I'm just gonna go have a cigarette ok?"
"Sure."
Axel walked out through the automatic doors and took the box out of his pocket, pulling one out he held it between his lips.
/Fuck... I must've left my lighter in Zexions.../
Looking around he saw someone walking past...
"Sorry dude, do you have a light?"
The teenager turned around...
Blonde haired, blue eyed...
"Roxas..."
The blonde teen raised an eyebrow.
"Oh its you... Hows Demyx?"
He sniggered as he said his name.
Axel drew back and punched Roxas in the face so hard it sent him to the ground.
"He'll be better... Once I tell him I just punched you in the face... Bitch."
The redhead reached into his jeans pocket and found his lighter.
/What a happy little coincidence.../
With that he lit his cigarette and walked back towards the doors of the hospital.
No comments:
Post a Comment